The Accounting Assistant intern will focus on aiding the VCDC Finance Manager in day-to-day financial responsibilities.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Occasional presence at VCDC events
· Data entry and coding
· Basic filing
· Event reconciliation
· Accounts Payable and Receivable
· Banking and reconciling
· Financial reports
· Knowledge of web-based accounting program
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheets
· Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
Must have attention to detail and organization skills; be a self-starter with the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously and provide timely feedback. Must be a team player and work well with peers. This position requires that a person be able to maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.