The Patient Account Representative (PAR) is expected to perform specific billing processes, follow-up, account resolution, adjustments and scanning as required. This position works with other departments to facilitate the meeting of both departmental facility goals and objectives. This position is responsible for account resolution. Ability to find solutions to problems and keeping management informed of patterns regarding payments and or other issues with specific payers is essential
The Patient Account Representative has an extensive knowledge of billing, accounts receivable follow-up, timely filing guidelines and the ability to effectively review remittance advices and electronic billing reports from payer to determine the action required. This position performs all related job duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts third party payers and guarantors via payer websites or by phone to resolve account balances on all assigned accounts.
- Work all correspondence within 24 hours or receipt. Detail notes regarding correspondence must be entered into the client’s system
- Works all denials taking necessary actions to obtain account resolution
- Submits appeals, as appropriate, for all non-clinical denials
- Monitors all denials for trends and issues and reports findings to supervisor
- Bills or re-bills claims as necessary
- Ensures the client follows all state and federal rules and regulations both billing and HIPAA
- Completes assigned special projects within the time frames given
- Attend training sessions and seminars offered by the Client and Third-Party Payers.
- Appropriately documents each account worked in client practice management system
- Makes necessary corrections in client practice management system.
- Resolves or forwards all address and / or plan changes as appropriate to ensure the integrity of the insurance master is maintained
- Updates patient accounts with corrected demographic or insurance information
- Posts adjustments based on standard operating procedures or as directed by leadership
- Handles all customer calls both internal and external in a professional and courteous manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience in office, customer service or healthcare field preferred
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required.
- Knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is essential.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work.
- Usually remains stationary for most of the day.
- Frequently communicates with leadership and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively and accurately.
- Occasional stooping, reaching, or kneeling may be necessary to reach into overhead or low cabinets.
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data.
- Generally, works in an office environment.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Apply online here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org