The Economic Development intern will focus on aiding the VCDC Economic Development Manager in day-to-day development responsibilities.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Occasional presence at VCDC events
- Become familiar with local, available commercial development properties
- Become familiar with City Comprehensive Plan and Zoning
- Become familiar with VCDC property documents, leases, etc.
- Data entry
- Online research
- Document revision and file maintenance
- Assist with CoLab events and programming
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
Must have attention to detail and strong organization skills; be a self-starter with the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously and provide timely feedback. Must be a team player and work well with peers. This position requires that a person be able to maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, or email to email@example.com.