The Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company (VCDC) is seeking a superstar individual who can perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the CEO and managers for 15 to 20 hours per week. The VCDC maintains the Chamber of Commerce, Office of Economic Development and the Tourism and Visitors Bureau in Vermillion, SD.
As an organization with different priorities that link together for an overall purpose of moving Vermillion forward, the role of the Executive Assistant holds vital importance to the structural operations of the company.
If you are a self-starter, who is energetic, can take direction, adapts well, can manage multiple projects at once, can work with deadlines while communicating effectively and is extremely organized, we want to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Act as a point of contact among CEO, employees, clients, and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Manage calendars and set up meetings
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Manage external bookings for McVicker Plaza conference spaces
- Committee and board meetings: create board agendas, distribute board memos, arrange catering, email meeting announcements, room set-up and assist with presentations, and take meeting minutes
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office products
- Support Communications & Tourism Manager with content creation
- Support staff in assigned project-based work
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have strong business writing skills and have knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, & Power Point
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously
- Must be a team player and work well with peers
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
High School diploma required, bachelors degree preferred. Previous work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role is also welcomed.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter attention of “Executive Assistant Application” VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, SD 57069 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org