The National Music Museum invites applications for the position of Guest Services Manager / Museum Assistant. The NMM houses one of the world’s finest collections of musical instruments and related archives and is in the final stages of a reopening project. The Guest Services Manager / Museum Assistant is an essential position for all patron-related functions. The position also includes additional work with Curatorial and Administrative staff as a Museum Assistant. The position requires 35-40 hours per week, based on a Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 5 pm schedule. Occasional evening hours are required for special events. This is a benefits eligible, full-time position.
- Manage all functions of the NMM front desk, lobby, galleries, and other public spaces
- Maintain knowledge of the NMM’s exhibits, collections, operations, and policies
- Recruit and schedule front desk staff, including students and volunteers
- Monitor incoming communications including phone calls, voice mail, emails, walk-in inquiries, etc. May assist with social media management as qualified.
- Manage museum security by monitoring security devices and overseeing the patron safety
- Work with NMM staff to schedule and manage tour groups, educational outreach, and other activities
- Identify and report maintenance concerns
Specific tasks (includes, but are not limited to the following):
- Front Desk
- Open & close Museum
- Keep reception & lobby areas clean and visitor friendly
- Welcome visitors, providing and collecting information
- Manage all cash handling procedures such as opening and closing cash register, sales, donations, and memberships
- Inventory control of gift shop items
- Handles shipping details for out of state/country purchases, including online sales platforms such as Amazon, Shopify, etc.
- Answer the main NMM phone line and process communications
- Monitor NMM calendars
- Keep visitor statistics and metrics
- Refresh displays and supplies throughout the museum
- Report facilities problems to the responsible staff member and/or to the appropriate USD department
- Monitor Museum multi-media, including ambient music, media stations, etc.
- Ensure front desk staffing and training
- Monitor traffic flow of visitors, maintenance, and museum staff
- Oversee security monitors
- Manage key and electronic card management for all NMM employees
- Follow emergency procedures to protect patrons, staff, and NMM assets. Know what to do in cases of weather emergency, medical emergency, etc.
- Museum Group Tours & Educational Outreach
- Assist Curator of Education in scheduling tours
- Assist in scheduling and monitoring the activities of large groups
- Concerts and Public Programs
- Manage reservations and events in Performance Hall
- Manage ticket sales.
- Monitor the front desk during concerts and public events
- Be available to assist with NMM-sponsored events off-site as planned
- Museum Assistant
- May assist with other Museum duties as trained and available
- May monitor museum environmental controls and assist with the pest management control system
- May assist Curators with other museum-related duties
The selected candidate will possess a combination of the following training and experience:
- Experience working in a museum environment is helpful, but not required
- College degree or classes in museum studies preferred, but not required
- Retail management experience (scheduling, ordering, and inventory control)
- Volunteer management experience (recruitment, retention, and scheduling)
- Event management experience
- Management of online sales platforms such as Amazon, Ebay, & Shopify
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary Range: $32,000 - $35,000
How To Apply
Send a cover letter or email along with resume and names of at least three references to:
Dwight Vaught, Director, National Music Museum
(No phone calls please)
The National Music Museum is on the campus of the University of South Dakota. This position is offered by NMM, Inc. and is not a University position.