Position Title: Driver
Reports to: Yard Manager
Primary responsibility is to drive company vehicles to deliver merchandise to customer jobsites and physically unload the materials to the customers satisfaction.
- Learn company products, procedures, culture, and customer service philosophy.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
- Load trucks according to the list of materials on the sales invoice.
- Organize and secure each load.
- Responsible for accuracy of loads and must get all loads verified by yard manager for accuracy prior to leaving yard.
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers satisfaction.
- Follow directions and make deliveries on a timely basis.
- Maintain inspection of each vehicle you drive for safe driving.
- Record delivery information on sales invoice and relay messages from customers on jobsites.
- Safely drive trucks and forklifts obeying all traffic laws, wear seatbelt at all times while driving a company truck or forklift.
- Follow all yard loading and delivery, and yard security procedures.
- Accurately record all merchandise returns on a credit memo.
- Listen and work with customers to solve customer complaints.
- Housekeeping in yard and areas assigned to you.
- Loading customer merchandise.
- Perform additional directly related appropriate duties as assigned.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to react quickly to problems and respond to them accurately and professionally.
- Ability to stand/walk for 4 -10 hours daily.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- High School diploma required.
- Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and a good driving record.
- Physical strength to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.