The Graphic Design Intern will focus on assisting the VCDC on the development and execution of marketing promotions, advertising, magazines, and web marketing. The internship will offer the opportunities to gain experience in the development of best practice promotional materials such as print ads, newsletters, and social media engagements.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends weekly Communications department meeting
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Is familiar with VCDC’s online presence, marketing priorities and branding guidelines
- Occasional presence at VCDC events
- Design and layout of publications such as quarterly VERB magazine
- Creation of engaging graphics for social media, print and newsletter use
- Assistance in developing video series for social media & other marketing use
- Strong graphic design and knowledge of Adobe software – Photoshop and InDesign is essential.
- Must have strong communication skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office products and how to effectively use them to increase productivity.
- An understanding of multiple social media platforms and websites is also strongly preferred.
Must be a team player and work well with peers. This position requires that a person be able to work with minimal supervision; have the ability to work with volunteers and the general public; maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, or email to email@example.com.