Immediate opening for full-time supervisor for Clinic Laboratory at our Yankton, SD location.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supervises the staff of the Laboratory, and manages the day-to-day operations of the Department. Directs, plans, and coordinates the work of the staff and oversees all of the duties required of the department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Frequent walking, sitting, bending, stooping, and standing required for extended periods of time. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic and laboratory.
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates staff to ensure efficient and productive operations and work completion.
- Maintains effective communication with staff. Conducts orientation and ongoing training; Leads section meetings as needed.
- Promotes operational efficiency within the department, through the collaborative measurement of production outcomes and time management.
- Evaluates performances and recommends salary increases, coaches for performance improvement and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Fulfills all requirements of Technical Supervisor in CLIA 88
- Evaluates results utilizing quality control criteria including acceptable ranges, shifts, and trends
- Determines acceptability of results and determines the need for additional confirmatory testing when appropriate
- Correlates test data with a diagnosis or disease state in order to evaluate the appropriateness of test results. Brings discrepancies to the physician’s attention.
- Supervises the development of new test protocols, the establishment of normal ranges, and the evaluation of methodologies.
- Ensures that records and files are maintained as required by licensing agencies.
- Supports the operation of satellite labs
- Train, evaluate, and supervise student performances.
- Maintains laboratory information system with assistance from IT Department.
- Prepares annual salary, operation, and capital budgets for the Laboratory.
- Demonstrated success with planning, organizing, delegating, problem-solving, negotiating and supervising.
- Basic working knowledge of Clinic policies, procedures, and systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant experience with computers and office equipment.
- Must be aware of the need for discretion regarding the Clinic, its employees, patients and follow all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Must promote and demonstrate the clinic's mission/vision statement.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree with completion of clinical internship in approved medical technology program. Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists, National Certification Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or equivalent. A minimum of five years of clinical laboratory experience with preference given to applicants with supervisory experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.