Responsible for operating various machines including break press, punch press, drill press, lathe, plasma table, and saw. Responsible for setup and operation of machines to produce precise and accurate results of structural steel per verbal instructions or by reading engineering drawings or blueprints and interpreting dimensions to the appropriate measurements on the machine. Must be mechanically inclined and can read a ruler and blueprints to interpret dimensions to the appropriate measurements on the machine. Understanding of measurements and basic math skills are a requirement.
- 2 years experience with machine operation in manufacturing environment preferred but willing to train.
- Must have excellent attendance history.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on hard surface for 10 -12 hour shift per day in hot or cold environment.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Good visual acuity.
- Ability to climb, bend, kneel, crouch or stoop to perform various functions of the position.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to perform basic shop math functions and use standard measuring devices.
- Physical Requirements: This position is typically in a manufacturing setting and requires standing for long periods of time. Requires good hand-eye coordinator, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Ability to manipulate (carry, lift, move) objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.