|Responsibilities include the ability to layout, position, align and fit parts of structural metal products. Operates a wide range of power tools including, but not limited to saws, grinders, drills, overhead cranes, hoists and forklifts. Must be able to comply with company safety policies, keep work area clean and neat and perform regular maintenance on tools.
- Applicant must have mechanical skills and abilities, with attention to detail.
- Two (2) years of experience in manufacturing assembly preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work standing on hard surface (e.g. concrete) for up to 12 hours per day in hot or cold environment.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Good visual acuity.
- Ability to climb, bend, kneel, crouch and stoop to perform various functions of the position.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if requested.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Must be able to perform basic shop math functions and use standard measuring devices.
- Must have excellent attendance history.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing all safety procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical Requirements:
- This position is typically in a manufacturing setting and requires standing for long periods of time. Requires good hand-eye coordinator, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Ability to manipulate (carry, lift, move) objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.