The Event Coordinator will focus on assisting the VCDC on the coordination and implementation of VCDC and community events, along with event marketing promotions. The internship will offer the opportunities to gain experience in the development of event timeline documentation, the coordination of event logistics and incorporation of promotional materials for event engagement.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends weekly Communications department meeting
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Is familiar with VCDC’s communications and marketing priorities
- Presence at assigned VCDC events
- Assisting in coordination and implementation of events such as the SD High School All-Star Game, Thursdays on the Platz summer downtown concert series, Professional Baseball Exhibition, VCDC Golf Social, and many others.
- Assist with set-up and tear down of events.
- Manage the unpacking of event items.
- Assist with management of overall McVicker Plaza storage areas.
- Communicate with volunteers and update volunteer management spreadsheets.
- Work with staff and intern peers to coordinate marketing of events.
- Communicate via email, phone or in person with event sponsors.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office products and how to effectively use them to increase productivity.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with spreadsheets.
- Must have ability to address large and small groups.
Must be able to adjust to constantly changing circumstances and priorities and be able to re-adjust priorities quickly. Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously and provide timely feedback. Must be a team player and work well with peers.
This position requires that a person be able to work under minimum supervision; have the ability to work with volunteers, and the general public; maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, or email to