The Marketing & Digital Communications Intern will focus on assisting the VCDC on the creation of coherent and consistent marketing communications for social media and the web in the form of email newsletters, social media posts, website entries, and other marketing projects, such as the VCDC podcast.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends weekly Communications department meeting
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Is familiar with VCDC’s communications priorities, online presence and branding guidelines
- Occasional presence at VCDC events
- Creation of weekly Monday Messenger mass communications
- Assistance with creation of social media posts and website entries
- Assistance with development of podcast planning and recording
- Assistance in proofing most forms of external communication
- Other marketing projects as they arise
- Must have exceptional business writing skills, proof-reading and editing skills.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Office products and how to effectively use them to increase productivity.
- An understanding of multiple social media platforms is preferred.
Must be able to adjust to constantly changing circumstances and priorities and be able to re-adjust priorities quickly. Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously and provide timely feedback.
Must be a team player and work well with peers. This position requires that a person be able to work with minimal supervision; have the ability to work with volunteers and the general public; maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E. Main Street, Vermillion or firstname.lastname@example.org.