The Photography & Videography Intern will focus on assisting the VCDC on the professional documentation of key events, venues, and notable sights in Vermillion. The internship will offer the opportunities to gain experience in the development of in-house promotional materials such as social media engagements, quarterly newsletters, and the annual Vermillion Visitors Guide.
Essential Expectations and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands organizational structure and departmental responsibilities
- Attends weekly Communications department meeting
- Attends minimum of one all staff meeting
- Is familiar with VCDC’s communications and marketing priorities
- Presence at assigned at VCDC events
- Photo and/or video documentation of assigned events
- Photo and/or video documentation of key venues and sights
- Minor photo editing and print preparation
- Development and filming of podcast project
- Engaged creative input on evolving projects such as website and annual Vermillion Visitors Guide.
- Must have strong photographic skills, an understanding of multiple photographic technologies and digital platforms.
- Knowledge of media channels such as YouTube is a plus.
- Strong graphic design and video productions interest and experience is preferred.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a reasonable number of tasks simultaneously and provide timely feedback. Must be a team player and work well with peers. This position requires that a person be able to work under minimal supervision; have the ability to work with volunteers, and the general public; maintain strict confidentiality in business dealings; and present a positive, professional image to customers and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree – or progress toward such a degree – is preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to VCDC, 2 E Main Street, Vermillion, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.