The South Dakota Shakespeare Festival (SDSF) is seeking a Development & Marketing Associate. The Development & Marketing Associate (DMA) will serve as the front-line fundraiser responsible for developing and implementing strategies to secure annual gifts, grants, and contributions. In addition, the DMA will help to build and manage SDSF’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of the organization. This is a new part-time position. This position will report to and develop a partnership with the Executive Artistic Director. Hours and duties will vary seasonally, with lighter work in the fall, and increased responsibilities in the spring and early summer months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Position is part-time and hourly with wages based on experience.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of the SDSF.
- Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans, objectives, and budgets in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Executive Artistic Director with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines. Identify meaningful ways for Board members to participate in revenue-generating activities.
- Write, submit, and secure general operating and capacity building grants. Write and submit the associated grant reports.
- Investigate, research, and pursue program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend SDSF’s brand and increase avenues of support.
- Plan, supervise, and grow SDSF’s individual and corporate giving programs, including direct mail and fundraising events.
- Develop and implement a Marketing Plan that increases awareness of the SDSF among key stakeholder audiences through a broad range of modalities, including printed materials, advertisements, radio, television, the Internet, social media, press releases, and newsletters, and ensure the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Arts Administration, Journalism, Community Development, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- Knowledge of the Vermillion area and Southeast South Dakota regional community and culture.
- Commitment to SDSF’s core values.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn. Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to organize and execute day-to-day tasks, work independently, and assume additional responsibilities as needed. Ability to prioritize, follow through effectively, adhere to established timelines, and meet deadlines.
- Experience and success in nonprofit fund development, marketing, and grant writing.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, brand identity, and building brand awareness.
- Kindly submit a letter of application & interest, CV, and list of three references to: