Job Title: Central Cycle Count Lead
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability. Ensures products are available to the customer in a timely basis and all item parameters are accurately maintained in the product management software.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager, Assistant Managers of GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Service Managers
Positions that Report to you: Central Cycle Count Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner and makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Escorting them to the products they’re looking for, securing products that are out of reach, loading or unloading heavy items, making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests, and performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Determines department goals with store management.
- Supervises all personnel within the Central Cycle Counting Team
- Establishes a schedule and daily work plan for the Central Cycle Counting Team
- Maintains department supplies and replenishes as needed.
- Assists store management with gross profit analysis and other management reporting functions.
- Ensures inventory information is accurate for monthly inventory.
- Oversees the maintenance of the product management applications and trains other store personnel.
- Utilizes product management software to minimize out of stocks and inventory and maintains correct item parameters and signage to maximize sales and profits.
- Plans and schedules inventory and pricing verification in accordance with Hy-Vee policy.
- Ensures obsolete and discontinued inventory is reduced for quick sale.
- Monitors excess inventory and works with store management to minimize.
- Monitors and reports on damage/unsaleables and implements solutions to reduce them.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Reviews equipment needs of the Product Management Department and makes recommendations to the Store Director for budget requests.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Strong basic math skills necessary.
- Over six months to one year of similar or related experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct Reports):
- Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and coordinating the activities of others.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force (energy exerted) occasionally.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position is frequently exposed to noise, occasionally exposed to temperature extremes and equipment movement hazards, and continually exposed to the fast paced work environment and pressure to meet deadlines.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Windows based PC, printer, wireless devices, telephone, fax, copier, calculator, internet, product management software, and Microsoft Office products.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors and with the general public.
Has access to confidential information including store inventory information, item costs, and margins.